Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

The News in Crutches

Ok, so a few things I've learned in the last week:

Crutches are made by Dr. Evil.
Ice doesn't always reduce swelling.
Pain pills don't necessary dull your pain, sometimes they just remove you from your body.
Sleeping with one heavily wrapped club-foot is a pain, literally.
Propping your leg on every hard surface you encounter will result in may bruises up and down your shin and calf.

It's been a week and I'm tired of being off my foot. I'm tired of being waited on. I know I shouldn't complain since I have lovely people that graciously help me, but oh, man would I love to get my own water.

Yesterday, however, the fireman had to go back to work and the 8 year old girl made me coffee all by herself. It was good, too. She even poured me cup after cup and brought it to me. Awesome stuff. She even helped me make my Sweet Fluffy Omelet with raspberries.

But then for supper, we had planned on trying spaghetti together, but opted for Pizza Hut's $10 Dinner Box. I call that a win-win.

Tomorrow I go in for a dressing change, oh joy.

Tonight the hubby's making sliders!

I don't plan on a whole lot of cooking, so I can't promise many insightful, thought provoking posts this week. I do, however have a couple of fun things I've set aside for a rainy day. If I'm up to it, I'll try to post those.

See you all soon.

2 comments:

Jana said...

(((Jen))) Hope the foot heals up nicely. And soon! ;-)

I get what you mean about wanting to do things for yourself, though. It's hard depending on others to do everything for you.

JenMarie said...

No kidding.
Thanks!