Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Date Night Dessert

So, Friday night, the fireman and I decided we needed a date night.

We decided on Chili's. Seriously, one of my favorite places. I ate chips and salsa till I burst, then tried to eat my Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers. I haven't had any fried food in ages, and just CRAVED something fried. I also ate fries and was in heaven.

I really need to try to replicate that honey chipotle sauce. Amazing. They had a great Blackberry Margarita as well. Yu-um.

I was too full for dessert, although I was dying for the Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie. A big slice of chocolate chip bar with ice cream and drizzled with chocolate and caramel sauce. *sigh*

We couldn't decide on a movie to go see. Nothing looked that great. A few good things, but not 'theatre material'.
So, we ran by the video store and rented a few movies instead.

We ended up watching Love, Wedding, Marriage with Mandy Moore and Kellan Lutz. It was sweet and cute. I like Mandy Moore much better now that she is older. She's relateable and believable. And Kellan Lutz? Have you seen the guns on this guy? In a button down shirt, no less. Fuhgetabout it.

We also ran by the grocery store and I picked up some pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough.

Late night grocery store shopping is funny. It's funny when you're with the fireman. The store is mostly empty and he likes to ask questions of the fine folks working there.

Questions like, "does a candy bar count as dessert?" "What about chocolate oranges." Then he had to describe what a chocolate orange is. He meant the orange-shaped chocolate in a box.

Sometimes the grocery store ladies are funny and tease him right back and ask him funny questions.

Other times? They just look confused.

Anyway, I bought cookie dough. I know. I'm a sell out.

It is the only cookie dough that I can't find a good recipe for. I've tried it countless times, but nothing is as good. Must be the preservatives...

I did this thing with it. I know. It was baaad. But if this is bad? I don't wanna be good.

I pressed half of the package into this smallish cast iron pan and baked it.

The fireman started coffee.


Oh my. Do you see this? It was buttery and crispy on the edges and oh so gooey in the center.
I know we're not talking major culinary cuisine here. I do realize that.

But you can't deny that this isn't sinfully delicious.

I will admit it. I did this.

I'm not ashamed.

I did this all by myself.

And it was gooooood.

4 comments:

Jana said...

Oh my....*wipes drool* That does look sinfully delicious. Sounds like a fun date night. I'll hafta look for that movie. I don't think I've heard of it.

JenMarie said...

It wasn't the best ever, but it was cute and fun, but with serious subjects. We enjoyed it. Although you do get sorta mad at Mandy Moore. :) But still, shirtless Kellen Lutz. Seriously?

Jana said...

All ya had to say was "shirtless Kellen Lutz." ;-)

JenMarie said...

LOL