Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Crazy Weekend

The girl is now 8 and I'm kinda freaking out about it. I did not expect her to grow up so fast. Where's my baby?

Her party went great. She had a great time. The kids were crazy, but they all had fun, too.

My sister and her two kiddo's flew up from Georgia and I had a great time with them. They're staying at my mom's and came to the birthday party. My nephew is 4 and my niece is 9 months. It was the first time I got to meet my niece! I was so excited!

My sis got to see the roof, which is now finished thank-you-very-much, the garden, and the new beams in the living room. The house is a work in progress!

Saturday, the girl had a horseback riding trip with her girl scout troop. This was the reschedule date and the reason I didn't have her party on Saturday. We showed up and they weren't there. The office said they never confirmed. However, they had room for us to join the next group, in 15 min. I said, sure!

So, we went anyway and had a great time. She rode her own horse and did beautifully.

Then, we went home and packed, kissed the hubby and headed to my mom's house an hour away to spend the weekend with my family. I took Monday off as well to get some good baby time. :)

Sunday was the girl's birthday and we had some extended family up to see everyone. She already had her party, so it was more of a get-together than a birthday party. A lot of my cousins were there. The ones I grew up with.

They're around my age, some younger. A lot of them have kids. They're all much younger. I looked back at my girl and nearly had a heart attack by how big she is. She's so grown up! Holding my nephew's hand and playing with him while she's bounding around being all 8 years old. How dare she? Doesn't she know that she isn't supposed to grow up? Ugh.

Oh, and my uncle from Colorado was visiting as well, so that made it extra fun. He's my mom's little brother and way funny. His daughter is the one getting married in August whose wedding the girl and I are going to.

So, we had a great time and I was super glad to spend the time with everyone.

Now that the roof is finished, we are going to work on fixing the main bathroom. The shower pan got a crack in it and we had to replace it. I talked hubby into a really pretty tub! Oh, yeah! Now, we have to install it and tile. The fixtures are all oil rubbed bronze, but we discovered that it's near impossible to clean. We are going to change them out to a satin nickel, the non shiny silver. Hubby is not much for chrome. :)

I think they're going to take his man-card away.

So, we have the bathroom to do next AND we're going to work on building a privacy fence around the backyard. Yay! That will go great with the new patio we're going to do next year.

That's what's on our to-do list. What's on yours?

2 comments:

Jana said...

Sounds like your weekend was about as family crazy as mine. ;-) Glad ya'll had fun and you got to play with the baby.

Ooo, and how neat is it that you had an uncle in from CO and I had an aunt in from CO? hehehe I thought that was funny. ;-)

But seriously...who we gotta speak to to get these kids to slow down on the whole growing up thing? *shakes head*

JenMarie said...

I know. I was thinking the same thing when I read your post!