Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Diet Update

Well, the diet has been going well. I am down to 170 and my goal is 167. So, I'm in the long stretch, folks. The girl and I are leaving on a jet plane to Denver, Friday morning for my cousins wedding.

I have 3 lbs to lose. I realllllly want wedding cake.

Once I meet my goal, the next phase of the diet is consolidation phase. In this phase, you take 5 days for each pound lost. So, I have to stay in it for about 2 months. BUT it's super easy and the equivalent easy dieting. I add 2 pieces of wheat bread or tortillas per day, 1 cup-sized serving of fruit and 1-2 starches per week. AND I get 1-2 celebration meals per week. Meaning, anything you want as long as it's only 1 serving size. That's including dessert.

This phase is because my body is stripping every calorie from my food as it's burning faster. Our bodies are programmed to store fat and we are more likely to gain back weight lost from a diet right away as your body is trying to regain what you've lost. So, this phase lets us slowly feel comfortable with the weight and add foods back in slowly and just maintain our new weight.

If I can lose the last 3 lbs in the next week, I can use the wedding night for my first celebration meal.

It keeps me focused.

Hubby is officially at his halfway mark. He's doing great. The diet is so easy for him since he loves meat, that he's content with it and happily working towards his second half.

2 comments:

Jana said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you. You'll push through those 3lbs, easy peasy. ;-)

JenMarie said...

I wish. These last 3-4 pounds are a nightmare. I was losing about 2-3 lbs per week and now it's more like 1 lb per week. I know it's still going down and I shouldn't complain cause I'm happy with the results, but I want to move on.

And I want WEDDING CAKE! :)