Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Update with no updates

So, I haven't done any painting for the last couple of days, no updates.

I haven't even done much baking the last few days.

Sad, I know. I made a hamsteak and then browned pineapple in the pan from the juices.  Exciting stuff.

We had a few days of beautiful weather and I used the opportunity to take the bike for a ride a couple of times.

I met a Mary Kay lady to 'do my colors' Monday night. I took the bike.

Sad to say, but she had to explain how to use the brushes and where to put the color. At 31 you would think I would know how to apply make up.

Not so much. I wear beige's and golds because they look pretty and because they are neutral. I have bought some of those "If your eyes are green, buy this." And I look at the guide and try to apply it as directed.

Sad, I know.

I've even watched a few youtube videos on hair styles. *headdesk*

But she gave me some bold colors with different mix-ups and when I was putting it on, I thought, "Man, that is dark!" But I figured I'd trust her, it's what she does. And you know what? It looked great!

Maybe something to wear with brighter colors or on a 'date night', but still. I put myself out there to try something different and I wasn't dissappointed.

That makes me happy.

Why is it so easy to get stuck in a rut and not do anything different?

Then I realized how long I had chatted with her. It had gotten dark and COLD. I was glad I had brought my warm microfleece beanie and my new warm motorcycle gloves. I actually wasn't that cold. If I had brought my hoodie to layer under my leather jacket and a scarf for my neck, I would have been fine! And when I got home, it was 47 degrees! Awesome sauce!

The fireman had had a girl night with the little girl. Really cute. He had her show him how to do make up and let her put make up and nail polish on him. What a sport!

He helped her with her math and they had a ball!

I also realized that she has no make up of her own and had to use mine.

She is sooooo getting some for Christmas.

Yesterday, the girl and I took a short ride around our neighborhood on the bike. She thinks I'm soooo cool when we do that. We're going like 25 miles an hour and she has a helmet as well. But it's great fun. I wait until there's no traffic and we just putt down the back roads.

Then we went home, put up our gear and went on a walk!

I am going to really miss being able to go on walks when it gets too cold.

I just love the fall colors everywhere.

I really love my little neighborhood.

I really love the soybean field, naked after they plowed last week.

I love walking by the tiny ice cream shop and walking down to the post office,

Chatting with neighbors on the streets,

Showing off my new Mary Kay makeup!!! Glam, baby!

No comments: