Pages

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Ham, Swiss & Broccoli Frittata

Last night, I whipped up this quick frittata.

Like, literally. I whipped the eggs.

It was just 2 eggs and milk, a little cheese.

Why yes, I keep a picture of Johnny Depp in my recipe binder. Why do you ask?

Doesn't everyone?

It's for inspiration.
I sauteed some veggies. I really like broccoli and cauliflower with eggs. Asparagus, too.

Throw a little diced ham and bacon crumbles in with the egg. A little salt and pepper and dried cilantro.
Pour it with the veggies, don't stir!

Pretty!
I love a colorful meal! The only thing that would have made this prettier would have been red bell peppers!

Put this in your oven at 350.
Until the center is set and the sides are starting to brown.

I threw some more cheese on top, cause I love melted cheese.

And threw it back in for a few minutes.

Melted swiss = love.

Slide it on a plate and enjoy!
This didn't last long.


The Recipe:
Ham, Swiss & Broccoli Frittata
2 eggs
2 Tbl milk
1 slice deli ham, chopped
2 deli slices of swiss cheese, chopped (or 3 Tbl shredded)
1 Tbl bacon crumbles
dash salt and pepper
1/4 tsp dried cilantro
1/2 cup broccoli (or broccoli & cauliflower)

Saute the vegetables. Whip your egg and milk, add most of the cheese, and remaining ingredients.
Give a quick stir to incorporate and pour over the vegetables. Don't stir this! Place in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until the center is set. Sprinkle remaining cheese over and back in the oven until melted.

You could easily make a larger pan for the family by multiplying this. It will increase your cooking time, so just watch the center.

Stir fry veggies would work great with this. You could also substitute a difference cheese. Change it up.

4 comments:

Jana said...

YUM.

I've never tried making a frittata before. Quiche and omeletts, but not frittata. I think it's time I get on that, huh? lol

JenMarie said...

Pretty much the same thing, but no crust.

Deb said...

Love your art work at the title, very talented. I will have to try the frittata, looks great!

JenMarie said...

Thanks! I like it, too. :)

I just love lots of veggies in my eggs.