Pages

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

A Hiking We Will Go

Renovating: Saturday, after my fireman and I did grocery shopping we painted our livingroom the dark green. And last night he finished patching the ceiling, so we may now call the plasterer to come repair the hole
in our ceiling from tearing down the wall. I have no idea how long it'll take to get him in, but I am excited to see the ceiling all patched and done! 

Sunday, the girl and I did a TON of cleaning. She cleaned some of the walls, I dusted. We cleaned the basement tub. Yikes! Then we went to the library and she enjoyed picking out new books....and movies. Man, the library rocks. I love not paying for all of that. Except for the whole paying for it with taxes thing.

Oh, and we rented Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows Part I. Then we went home and pulled the shades, turned all the lights off and watched it while we ate freezer pizza, and macaroni n cheese (with peas), and then we had to make some popcorn with a little melted margarine, and then we had to get a bowl of ice cream with all the toppings.

Yes, it was a fun night! We needed all the regenerizing after the heavy cleaning. Us girls worked hard!

I'll post pics of the finished green walls. They're lovely! I was a little concerned they would feel too dark and make the area feel smaller, but I love it! When the plasterer is done, we will paint the hallway wall a lighter color to lighten the area. Right now, it looks dingy and bothers me. :(

Every time I read the word 'dingy' I read it like this: ding-y. Like a bell. Ding dong, -y

Not on purpose. I can't help it. It's weird. And it makes me laugh.

Oh, I forgot about the hiking part. After our excursion at the library, we swung by the park. Cause, she had worked hard and we had some time. The girl climbed around on the jungle gym thing, climbed the fort, then I noticed a trail into the woods and said "Hey, let's go exploring!" It was a little chilly, but we warmed up in no time.

The hill starts out really steep and there are rail road ties that are embedded to help the climb. About halfway up, I'm wheezing like a donkey and the girl says, "Mom, I gotta say, you're kinda outa shape."

"Really?" wheeze, wheeze "You think?" wheeze, wheeze "hold on, I think I'm gonna pass out."

Then I recovered and the rest of the trail was absolutely fun!

Pardon the overexposure.
I told her to walk down the log some. She said "But Mom, I might fall."
I said, "But it'll make a really cool picture!"

She didn't fall. But it didn't make a really cool picture. It was too bright and I only had my phone camera on me.

We went all the way through where it came out to a road and went back. We ran across some other hikers and their dog.

I told the girl that next time we should bring our pooch. The 85 lb dog that thinks she's a dachshund. You should see her try to walk around under the table at supper time. Everyone she passes does the whole "oof!" in a wave as she pushes their legs aside. She said, "uh, Mom. Not sure that's a good idea." She's probably right. The dog has no concept of moderation.

I decided we should go hiking as often as possible. I was surprised at the 7 year old's stamina! And seriously, hiking is way more fun that a treadmill...and apparently harder.

No comments: