Pages

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Independence Day

Sunday, the fireman and I went to my aunt and uncle's 50th Anniversary party, up near my mom's house. It was a great time. I had so much fun chatting with family. I got to see some people I don't get to see very often.

I have a great family.

The 4th of July, I had off work. It was a slow, relaxing day.

The middle boy was sick and in bed all day and it was just us and the youngest boy. *The girl is still in FL with her dad and went to see the fireworks on the beach!* We took the yougest boy to the 'big city' fireworks, which is only 25 minutes away. It's was on the river and you can watch on either side of the river.

We arrived around 7:30pm with our chairs, walked down to the park by the river and found a nice spot near the radio station's tent. They had fun light rock to listen to. The two guys walked to the nearby Subway and bought us some subs and water for dinner.

Around 8pm, they had an airshow!
They did some neat tricks.

It lasted about an hour. It was a really cool airshow.

The fireworks started about 30 min later, at about 9:30pm.

They were awesome! The percussion of it shook my body. It was powerful.


The show was set to music, they played Firework by Katy Perry and Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band and Get the Party Started by the Black Eyed Peas. My favorite was the Salute to the Forces.

There were fireworks I had never seen before, with neat 3D effects.

Amazing finale!
The patriotism filled me with pride and I loved every minute of it.

Afterwards, we picked up and made our way back to the Jeep, but the traffic was horrible. It was bumper to bumper and not moving at all. We sat in the Jeep for a few minutes and decided to walk into Applebee's which was right outside and sit and have an appetizer.

It was near this shopping center, so there was a lot of restaurants nearby.

We ordered a large order of Nacho's and drinks and the three of us just sat and chatted for a while.

By the time we were leaving, there was no line at all and we were able to drive straight home.

Hope everybody had a happy and safe Independence Day!

2 comments:

Jana said...

That sounds like an excellent 4th. I only saw one little shot of fireworks that some neighbors around the corner were shooting off while Libs and I were outside. ;-)

JenMarie said...

I thought they had a fireworks show on ABC or something, I can't remember.

Next year, you'll have to get some smoke bombs and see what Libs thinks of that! :)